You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program slows down immensely after a while

When I start a new file, everything runs very smooth but after give or take 10 minutes it turns incredibly slow!

I have a feeling there's a memory leak throughout many versions of AF and AD
I have done a RAM test and everything is fine.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
I have 2 GPUs, a  GTX 1070 and a GTX1060.

Perhaps two GPUs are the cause of conflict?

• Staff

Hi 3n41y,

Does this happen after 10minutes with a blank file or is it just when you make an edit to the file? If you go into the apps preferences and under performance try changing the renderer dropdown does performance improve?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I have tried changing the renderer, warp slows it even more down
It happens while editing a  file. for example, when I start painting, all runs smooth, but after a while, smooth lines become straight lines, and my cursor doesn't update on the fly...

I have sort of the same problem on my Windows 10 setup with 32GB of ram with a GTX 1050 TI (Lenovo Legion Y530). A couple days ago I was going to work on details on my painting and bumped the resolution up from 4000 to 8000 pixels. A couple of minutes after that the computer slowed down to a crawl and memory allocation whent from ~3.5GB to 27GB. I was working with a small amount of layers, about 8. This problem is not a new problem for me. I've had this problem as long as I can remember in AP. I'm not trying to be rude or be a wiseguy, but are you sure you are  handling system resources the right way on the Windows plattform? MacOS version does not suffer from this and do not rush memory allocation when I increase the resolution of my canvas and layers or using a huge amount of large textures. AP is my daily driver at work eight hours a day and I love it. I use AP on iPad, Windows and MacOS.