Hello,

I have MAC Osx 10.14.6

I tried to open my copy of affinity Photo which has worked fine in the past and it asked me to enter my registration details again. When I did I got the following error.

The product key is valid, but there was an error writing the licence file!

I updated affinity photo to the latest version but still get the same error.

Can anyone help?

Can you check the following location to see if the Licence.xml file is present:

/Users/<username>/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/

The issue may be that for what ever reason your user account doesn't have the correct permissions. If you right click the folder > Get Info you can check/change the permissions. You could also try creating a new user account to confirm.

Hi Lee,

That sort of worked. I checked the permissions and then Affinity Photo opened up. However, when I try to open a saved picture it immediately crashes. The app just disappears, no error is shown :o

Er, help again? :)

4 hours ago, LancasterLad said:

I also have this problem. See attached image. Running Windows 10 64 bit 1909.

Annotation 2019-12-02 163725.png

That seems like a very odd path name, LancasterLad.

• First, generally the ProgramData would not be under the AppData directory, but would be simply C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Designer\1.0
  • Next, I have all three applications installed, and only Publisher has written a license file in the ProgramData directory. So I'm not sure why Designer would want to do that for you.

Have you done anything to move the Windows ProgramData directory to another location?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

13 hours ago, Lee D said:

Can you check the following location to see if the Licence.xml file is present:

/Users/<username>/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/

The issue may be that for what ever reason your user account doesn't have the correct permissions. If you right click the folder > Get Info you can check/change the permissions. You could also try creating a new user account to confirm.

Hi Lee,

That sort of worked. I checked the permissions and then Affinity Photo opened up. However, when I try to open a saved picture it immediately crashes. The app just disappears, no error is shown :o

Er, help again? :)

11 hours ago, DavdyWavy said:

Check file permissions LancasterLad

I did that before posting. The path specified in the error message has full rights. I just did a normal install. I didn't specify a particluar program directory.

9 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That seems like a very odd path name, LancasterLad.

• First, generally the ProgramData would not be under the AppData directory, but would be simply C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Designer\1.0
  • Next, I have all three applications installed, and only Publisher has written a license file in the ProgramData directory. So I'm not sure why Designer would want to do that for you.

Have you done anything to move the Windows ProgramData directory to another location?

I hadn't done anything other than a normal install. Following your suggestion I looked at C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Designer\1.0 and found I had full rights for that folder but it was marked read only. Removed the read only tick and all is working. It seems the path on the error message is a kipper rouge.