You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, a Question from Germany.

I cannot install the Software.

I purchased the program yesterday and tried different times.

I can download "Affinity-photo-1.7.3.exe" - 364 MB.

The I'm asked where to save - and I choose C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo.

Then I'm asked, if I allow the program to make changes to the Computer ("Änderungen zulassen") and I click "Yes". Normally I'm then asked for my PIN, but that doesn't happen. 

Then a window opens "Vorgang wird vorbereitet" an nearly immediately it stops with the notice "Fehler beim Setup".

I think it might be because i haven't entered my PIN - but it don't ask for that.

Im logged in my computer with the rights of admin.

I don't find anything about this in your FAQ.

I hope you can help me. I would like more to spend some Hours with my photos and not with installing a program.

Irm

• Staff

Hi Irm,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, it certainly sounds as though this may be a permissions error, but I will need the installer log file to confirm this.

Please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%temp%\AffinitySetup

In the window that opens, please select the most recently created folder, then attach SetupUI.log to your reply here.
Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Thanks for your file and I'm sorry to see you're having trouble. Your log shows the following error:

+Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo. 

We've seen this happen previously and usually it can be resolved easily. Please restart your computer, then right-click on the 1.8 EXE file and select Run as Administrator - this should hopefully allow the install to progress without issue!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 10 months later...

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Ron Kakucs!

Maybe this can be your answer?

On 2/26/2020 at 1:16 PM, Dan C said:

We've seen this happen previously and usually it can be resolved easily. Please restart your computer, then right-click on the 1.8 EXE file and select Run as Administrator - this should hopefully allow the install to progress without issue!

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

If the above doesn't work for you @Ron Kakucs then please provide a setup log file, as described below -

On 12/2/2019 at 10:28 AM, Dan C said:

I will need the installer log file to confirm this.

Please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%temp%\AffinitySetup

In the window that opens, please select the most recently created folder, then attach SetupUI.log to your reply here

Thanks in advance :)

• Staff

Many thanks for your file. This shows me that your System is missing an .msi file from the previous version of Affinity, which is causing the update to fail as it cannot remove the previous version successfully.

We'll need to manually remove the current version of Affinity Photo from your PC before installing the latest version. 
Please download the following tool from Microsoft to uninstall the previous version - 
https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed 

Once downloaded please run the tool, select Uninstalling and then Affinity Photo from the list of apps shown. 

If you can't see Affinity Photo in the list, select the aptly named first option and then paste the following code in and select OK. Depending on which version you most recently had installed, the code will be slightly different but I believe you'll require the first one below:

{21399BDD-4C2C-4565-9426-410BDC894DA7}

{E0A227B9-8299-48C6-9FB2-71140FEF82B4}

Once the uninstaller has completed, please visit the following link and download a fresh copy of the latest exe, then navigate to the downloaded .exe right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator, this should hopefully install the app for you as expected. 

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I have the "Fehler beim Setup" message when trying to install any of the 1.9.1 Apps. Uninstall (1.9) did not work either, only with the windows fix tool linked above I could remove the apps. But - after a restart and run as admin - I still can't install the apps! So now I have no working apps and cannot install them either. Attached the log from the last attempt to install Designer... (I installed some other App-Updates today which worked...)

SetupUI.log

• Staff

Hi @voom,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and many thanks for the file provided!

I can confirm this shows the following error:

+MsiOperation result: 1601

This error indicates that your computer cannot currently connect to the Windows Installer service, please see the following link for resolution steps on the Microsoft forums -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/error-1601-windows-installer-is-not-accessible/08dce679-496d-43f4-a4b5-bb467800bb90

I hope this helps :)

I have done all that already (at least anything that applies to Win 10) up to an inplace update from a current Win 10 Pro ISO - and because that did not help after that restoring a system image that is a week old from a point when everything was still working. Any other app that uses the Windows Installer now can be installed again, only the Affinity apps show that error. I have seen Windows Installer running today e.g. when Davinci Resolve was installing. So the problem seems  not to be Windows Installer being corrupted but that certain apps can't connect to it. Of course I deactivated any firewall etc. as well with no effect.

• Staff

That's certainly very strange but many thanks for letting me know you've been able to install the app successfully as I'm glad to hear this :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, Dan C said:

Please download the following tool from Microsoft to uninstall the previous version - 
https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed 

Once downloaded please run the tool, select Uninstalling and then Affinity Photo from the list of apps shown. 

If you can't see Affinity Photo in the list, select the aptly named first option and then paste the following code in and select OK. Depending on which version you most recently had installed, the code will be slightly different but I believe you'll require the first one below:

{21399BDD-4C2C-4565-9426-410BDC894DA7}

{E0A227B9-8299-48C6-9FB2-71140FEF82B4}

Once the uninstaller has completed, please visit the following link and download a fresh copy of the latest exe, then navigate to the downloaded .exe right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator, this should hopefully install the app for you as expected. 

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

I hope this helps!

Hello Team, 

I had the same issue with setup failed and already tried the quoted solutions. I have added the setupUI.log to this message ;)

Hope you can help me.

SetupUI.log.txt

• Staff

Hi @MiriamK,

Welcome to the forums!

Many thanks for letting me know this has been resolved and for providing your solution for others to see!

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to start a new thread :)

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, Katakalaka said:

SetupUI.logUnavailable

Ah here it is !

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

That upload doesn't seem to have worked. Try again, perhaps?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks, @Katakalaka.

You have another Windows application installation or system update in progress.

I would restart Windows, then go into Windows Update and make sure nothing is happening there, then try the Affinity application install again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1