wanderingalbatross

Page numbers invisible every other page

I have a Publisher file that I've added page numbers to. For the first 19 pages, the page numbers work fine. On page 20 there is no number, but there is on 21. This repeats for the rest of the document (125 pages thus far), with every even page missing the number. Any ideas? Unfortunately I can't attach the file as it's over 1 GB.

The only thing I can suggest is that you may have some sort of text wrapping that's "bouncing" the characters out of the frame, but without seeing the document (or at least a grab) it's hard to tell.

Affinity Photo 1.8.3,  Affinity Designer 1.8.3, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3, Mac OSX 10.15, 2018 MacBook Pro 15"

Betas as they happen... 

8 hours ago, wanderingalbatross said:

Unfortunately I can't attach the file as it's over 1 GB.

You could make a copy of your document with the main body text removed, and with only the first 25 pages. Save As with a new name to reduce file size, and see if the problem persists. If it does, you could upload that file as a demonstration of the problem.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.