MAJOR ERROR - curve shape does not snap align when skewed (ugggg)

When i do the following...

• Create a vertical rectangle
  • Convert to curves
  • Skew
  • Duplicate
  • Flip one of the two
  • Move it around as shown in the video

…it does snap as is shown in the video (for the regular shape).

I'm on the latest Mac Appstore version. Looks like you have a bug that manifests itself in a specific situation.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | Always latest Mac AppStore versions | macOS 11 Big Sur on 8GB MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.15 Catalina on 16GB MBP13 2017

I can reproduce this both in Designer and Publisher (both beta and release versions), but I think this behavior is "by design" (that is, not a bug but something not supported). It does not appear that even regular shape corners (key or anchor points, as they are called in Illustrator) snap (in all cases). It seems to be the bounding box point of the source object to be moved that snaps to another regular shape's key point (e.g. corner point). 

It is true that when a shape is converted to curves, you cannot snap a bounding box point of a source object to just any of the target curve's nodes:it needs to be at the same time a bounding box point. But that is, it seems, a standard feature in Affinity apps: nodes of curve objects are not snapping points (they need to be bounding box points to be snappable). However you can still snap a bounding box point of a curve object to any key point of a regular shape.

Related to this: the selection box of a shape that is skewed, once converted to curves, stil bears the shape of a skewed rectangle (while if the rectangle was converted to curves before skewing does not have an actual bounding box; while a curve object that is skewed not by skewing handles but by dragging the nodes, gets a standard unskewed bounding box). Cannot say if that has anything to do with snapping behavior. Snapping mechanism is oddly complex and yet inadequate in Affinity apps. Any point should be snappable, clearly (even if you'd need to change the tool to node tool, and move by a specific node you need to get aligned with another object's node, as you do when using Illustrator).

I have currently no macOS versions of Affinity apps so I cannot test this on macOS version of these apps. As snapping is a fundamental feature, I would be very surprised if it behaved differently on macOS. Lack of proper node snapping has been a topic of many threads on these forums and it has not appeared to be an OS dependent thing so far.  

UPDATE: Found it, finally! To be able to snap to the nodes of a curve object, you need to turn on "Snap to object geometry", then switch to Node tool and select all nodes, then grab the node that you wish to align, and drag it on top of the node you wish to align it with. Additionally, if you have "Snap all selected nodes when dragging" snap option on, you can aligh any of the nodes with a node of another curve object. I had totally missed these features so far.