You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I get a refund if I purchased from the apple mac store?

• Staff

Hi Reynaldonavedo,

Welcome to the forums :)

You would need to contact the App Store support team to obtain a refund as we have no control over app store purchases I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, Callum said:

You would need to contact the App Store support team to obtain a refund as we have no control over app store purchases I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear you bought the wrong application @John Alexander, Callum gave the advice you need.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

It's not unusual that you have to contact the trader, where you bought whatever you bought, and not the facturer. It is f.e. the same with shoes or consumer electronics and most other things, because the facturer sold the stuff to the trader to resell it. So unfortunately your contact partner has to be the Apple Store, not Serif. I'm in an almost  similar situation, because I bought two of the Affinity softwares at the Microsoft Store. Today I'm not glad with that decission. But it's too late to change it.

1 hour ago, John Alexander said:

Then why sell through the App Store??? Thats a dodge is all

Not at all; it’s a perfectly normal practice to offer software for sale on the Apple Store if you want to sell to Apple users.
As has been mentioned above, if you buy from Apple then any complaint about that purchase decision should be with Apple.

all I get when I open up is more to buy

What do you mean by this? Can you show us what you are seeing because that doesn’t sound like what should happen?
Are you sure you are not getting the App Store mixed up with the Publisher application?

You are not helping your brand by simply busting down doors

What do you mean by this? Which “doors” are getting 'busted'?

maybe let me try out the current purchase

You could have installed a free trial version of Publisher via the Serif website: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/ (scroll down to the bottom and press “free trial”).

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

Are you sure you are not getting the App Store mixed up with the Publisher application?

He probably meant the "Welcome" screen with offers to other apps+content. But this is optional as we all know and nowhere is indicated to buy more stuff to get the app to work.

Good point on the free trial GarryP.

8 hours ago, John Alexander said:

Then why sell through the App Store???
(…) its the wrong marketing scheme

What exactly made you choose the Apple Store specifically?
Serif itself only links to their Serif store, for instance via the "BUY NOW" button …

1252410341_serifshop1.thumb.jpg.0e5ae9b2e24b5da2f8734a1fc4868306.jpg

… or via "MENU" –> "Content Store".

1537392945_serifshop2.thumb.jpg.d7cc66a2eaff36404f6875a572ed3290.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

5 minutes ago, anon2 said:

There is a link to the Mac App Store on the page for each app.

Oh, thank you, I hadn't noticed this footer note "Also there is …". (In my previous trials I got guided directly to my shopping cart instead when clicking "Buy Now" on the Serif site.) Well, if I click this App store link in the footer below the more obvious Serif Store "Buy" buttons, I still have to confirm in the next browser screen to switch from the browser to the AppStore.app.

While the OP sounds to be surprised having bought in the App store, as if this way was the most obvious or the only visible way. That made me wonder, how the OP in fact was guided to the Apple store.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

11 hours ago, John Alexander said:

Then why sell through the App Store???

Because the Mac App Store (MAS) is integrated into the macOS. As such, it provides a "one-stop-shop" for buying & updating thousands of both Apple & third party apps; enables Apple promoted services like Family Sharing of apps & automatically installing/updating apps bought through the MAS on one Mac onto others associated with the same Apple ID; & eliminates the need for individual product keys for each app bought through the MAS.

11 hours ago, John Alexander said:

all I get when I open up is more to buy, that was not why I ordered.

To request a refund for a MAS purchase, open the App Store app (it is on the Apple menu) not the Affinity app. Scroll down to near the bottom of the app window to where the "Quick Links" section is & click on the "Report a Problem" link. After you provide your password you will be directed to https://reportaproblem.apple.com. Click on the triangle next to where it says "I'd like to..." & select "Request a Refund" from the list that pops up.

Edit: Actually, you can just click on the report problem link above if you do not want to go through the MAS app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7