You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to delete anchors?

Hi ... I started to populate a 100+ page document with anchors so that I could make the PDF version interactive with hyperlinks. But then I started getting error messages when exporting to PDF (couldn't export at all). I found that if I deleted all the hyperlinks, I could export to PDF, and since I need to go to print first, I'm leaving it at that for now. In the meantime, does anyone know how to delete anchors from a document? I'm thinking that when I eventually try to make this document interactive, I would start fresh. Thanks!

To delete anchors simply place your cursor directly after the anchor and press the delete key. Which PDF version are you trying to export to, not all versions of PDF support hyperlinks.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Thanks Hangman,

Duh, this seems so obvious now. I guess I was looking for a palette listing all the anchors (like with hyperlinks) so that I could see them all without having to page through the document, but in any case, thank you.

And I was using the PDF for print setting, which is set for PDF 1.7 compatibility. The error seemed to have something to do with having hyperlinks going to anchors instead of pages. I'll keep playing around with this as I have time, and if I learn anything new, I'll reply again to this topic.

That's always the way, as in, it's easy when you know how... It might be worth adding a feature request for 'delete all anchors'. I can imagine when you have literally hundreds of them in a long-form document, deleting one by one is a bit painful, it would be great to have options to a) delete all anchors and b) delete all hyperlinks in addition to being able to delete selectively.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse