Joachim_L

Develop Persona: Closing window != Cancel?

Closing an image with the X-Button always meant to me aborting / discarding of actions / changes and closing the window. In the Develop Persona it gets more complicated. If you want to close the window with the image you'll get the warning "The current file is being developed. Please complete or cancel before closing the document.". Then you have to press the OK-Button (Action 1), then press the Cancel-Button (Action 2), then press the Yes-Button (Action 3).

Pretty much action for simply closing a window and aborting everything in my opinion.

This is to make sure no one looses work by accidentally closing Affinity if you are editing multiple images at once you may forget that one of your open images is currently in the develop persona and hasn't been saved / exported. As far as I know this is behaviour we are unlikely to change.

That is also bad user interface design. You can only get out of the situation if you have Context toolbar visible. If not – you have to Force quit :-D

On 11/30/2019 at 6:38 AM, Fixx said:

That is also bad user interface design. You can only get out of the situation if you have Context toolbar visible. If not – you have to Force quit :-D

You can get out of the Develop Persona by clicking on the Photo Persona icon, then acknowledging the warning that pops up.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.464; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

On 11/29/2019 at 10:41 AM, Joachim_L said:

Closing an image with the X-Button always meant to me aborting / discarding of actions / changes and closing the window. In the Develop Persona it gets more complicated. If you want to close the window with the image you'll get the warning "The current file is being developed. Please complete or cancel before closing the document.". Then you have to press the OK-Button (Action 1), then press the Cancel-Button (Action 2), then press the Yes-Button (Action 3).

Pretty much action for simply closing a window and aborting everything in my opinion.

This annoys me, too.