You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change trial to licensed product - where to enter product key

Hello together,

I just bought Affinity Photo from Serif site on today's black sale.

By now my trial I installed before is still running until 2nd of December.

How the heck can I change my license to full product, please, without the need of waiting?

I am running Windows 7 x64

What I tried so far:

• Checking program settings for ability of a change in
    • Edit -> Preferences/Settings
    • Help -> Help to Affinity Photo, Welcome, Tutorials, Support, Info
  • Checking Installation Guide
  • Checking FAQ
  • Checking older posts in this forum, which are either not helpful or seem to be obsolete
  • Registry entries in
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Serif\Affinity\Photo\1
  • Files (especially something like license or account) in
    • C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0
  • Changed Time and Date in Windows to force trial expiration
  • Re-installed by
    1. uninstalling
    2. cleaning registry, temps, etc with Ccleaner
    3. downloading and installing the latest install from my product page ( https://store.serif.com/en-us/account/downloads/ )
      • I am not asked for a key, just only to agree the EULA

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!

- Keena

Edited by keena

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @keena.

I don't have an answer for you, but probably one of the Serif staff will.

But I'm curious why you're so eager to get it registered. Your trial copy has all the same capabilities as a registered copy, except for allowing you to install/run the 1.8 beta version of the program. Everything else is exactly the same, functionally.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@kneldakis

This is yet another post you have made about this problem.  I recommend you do not post the same question in several forum areas or you are likely to be seen as, potentially, a spammer!

However, this post does give the additional information that you purchased the apps from the M$ Store.  I have no experience of this but I wonder whether you should you should do what was suggested in one of the other threads which was asking about the MAC App Store version?  That was to uninstall the trial versions and then redownload the purchased versions from the M$ Store and install.  You do not need and will not have any installation/serial key with your version of the apps.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Alright, the problem (in my case) was the Beta Client.

Uninstalling, running CCleaner and deleting the proper files and folders in %AppData% as well as in ProgramData fixed it and I could enter my serial in installation process of the normal client.

Thank you all!