You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Payment method declined, but my card payment was deducted

Good evening, I write from Colombia, I just made the purchase of Affinity Photo, at the time of paying the transaction was rejected by the Affinity page, according to the error by a "payment method rejected", however the money was deducted from my account, I did not receive any mail, and the purchase does not appear in my account,

The main problem is that it is not a conventional credit card, but an e-card, those that are charged as a debit card, but are used for international purchases as if they were a credit card.

What should I do?

P.S: I'm sorry about my English, it's not my native language.

opera_W3undIaeOe.png

Edited by jorge77401

I have the exact same problem but in México.
I used a complety normal bank credit card but the affinity page told me an error occurs.
In my email i can see two emails fron my bank telling me i actually purchase the product but in my bank app its "on process" 
Called my bank and they told my theres not error from them, its an error from Affinity's pageimage.thumb.png.85ad7ca0092fa3e8a75b584379343457.png
And finally on affinity page i cant find my product key and it says i have no purchases made.

It seems that the problem is on Affinity's side, in my case the bank told me that I have to wait 30 working days to be able to ask for a refund; then ask for it and wait another 15 working days while they process it.

45 business days is too long, practically in mid-February.

In the Affinity support mail, I was told that the transaction was automatically reversed after 2 or 3 days, but so far nothing has happened.

12 hours ago, martinprojectco said:

Hola desde España tengo el mismo problema. He probado en contactar con ellos por e-mail y Twitter pero sin respuesta

Compra de Affinity Designer > Cargo en la tarjeta y no he recibido nada. 

No entiendo de este error por parte de Serif, espero se solucione lo mas rápido posible.

IMG_6F36823BD216-1.jpeg

we are at least 4 with the same problem in black friday, hope they will help us.

Yo también intente contactar por facebook y twitter y nada, por eso terminé aqui en los foros pidiendo ayuda pero tampoco he recibido nada :c 

Hay mucha gente afectada. Yo entre ellos.

The problem is that we made the purchase trying to get advantage of the Black Friday offers, but with this problem, we'll probably loose this.

The problem is obviusly on Serif's side, 'cos there are so many people reporting the same issue, but no answer from them yet.

I purchased Affinity Photo and Designer Workbook... and wanted them for Xmas

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Acabo de comprar por la web de Affinity el Affinity Publisher y me han cargado pero en el ultimo momento me ha dicho lo mismo, que el banco declinaba la compra, pero me han realizado el cobro en mi entidad.

Como reclamo??

Hi, I am in mexico, but my card is a US bank debit card, and I entered my account information as a US customer, and tried to pay in dollars.

I got the red pop-up saying my payment was declined, so I changed my account name to exactly match my credit card and tried again, same thing.

I tried a second card, same thing.

The first card is showing 2 card-holds, the second card isn't showing anything. I assume from the FAQ that these charges will ultimately be reversed.

I really would like to buy your product, but I think your web-form is lacking important fields. For example, I when buying things on the net I usually have to enter my phone number associated with the card and the billing address. Your form doesn't ask for these things, so I think that's why my banks are declining you.

Since I don't really need the product yet, and was only buying because of the 50% offer, if I can't resolve this by the June 20th deadline I won't buy at all.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:51 AM, Jerry921 said:

Hi, I am in mexico, but my card is a US bank debit card, and I entered my account information as a US customer, and tried to pay in dollars.

I got the red pop-up saying my payment was declined, so I changed my account name to exactly match my credit card and tried again, same thing.

I tried a second card, same thing.

The first card is showing 2 card-holds, the second card isn't showing anything. I assume from the FAQ that these charges will ultimately be reversed.

I really would like to buy your product, but I think your web-form is lacking important fields. For example, I when buying things on the net I usually have to enter my phone number associated with the card and the billing address. Your form doesn't ask for these things, so I think that's why my banks are declining you.

Since I don't really need the product yet, and was only buying because of the 50% offer, if I can't resolve this by the June 20th deadline I won't buy at all.

Same issue

• 5 months later...

So it's been one year since the first time this was reported in this thread (and after others have reported the same issue) and I had exactly the same problem just this evening.

I paid using a mastercard -  definitely not an e-card. The money has been deducted from my account twice now. No license. No nothing.

This is not what I expect from a trustworthy software vendor. Seriously? One year and you won't fix a software issue that takes money from people? Even a two bit startup wouldn't find that acceptable. 

@radar20

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

It has been previously pointed out by Serif staff, in a number of similar threads, that the problem is almost certainly caused by the 3d Verification system now mandatory in all European Union countries (of which the UK, which is where Serif are based, is currently still a member).

As a result of this there is nothing for Serif to fix.  Indeed, it is entirely out of their hands.  You need to ask your bank for help or, as also posted by Serif staff in a number of threads, email affitnity@serif.com and ask for their direct help in placing your order and receiving your software.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

47 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

email affitnity@serif.com

Typo alert! Try the correct version shown below:

On 11/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, SFurniss said:

This is probably due to your card being an e-card but if you can email affinity@serif.com we would be happy to look into this for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Oops!!!  😭

@Alfred, thanks!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. 

The same has happened again to me. I tried to purchase one of your products using a master card, but Affinity platform didn't recognize the payment, although the amount was charged to the credit card. Exactly the same. I thought by now you would have solved the problem with your payment platform. Im using a card and a bank account from the European Union (Spain), and I haven't had this problem before in any other online shop. This is not serious. 

I ended up using PayPal (no problems, everything went OK). 

Software is nice, and PayPal payment went perfect, but yet the money appears as charged to the credit card. 

I don´t know what is happening, I don't know if we should blame your banking platform provider, but I know for sure that you are responsible for fixing this problem. Please, change your payment platform, or something, but it is not acceptable that a company like this still can´t properly process payments with credit cards from the EU. 

I guess that the money won't be charged in the end (it appears as retained, not as payed yet), like the last time. Last year happened the same to me, and I'm not the only one that has experienced this issue. 

Just want to let you know that I had the same problem, and it hasn't been fixed. 

Advice for other customers: use PayPal if you are buying from the EU (I'm buying from Spain); the problem persists with credit cards, but with PayPal everything worked fine. 

Thank you for your attention. Keep working hard, because your products are incredible and have a very competitive price. Just wanted to let you know that this problem with payment still persists. I'm sure I will enjoy your fantastic software. 

Sincerely,

R.G.