You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

inpainting for two different images in sync

I usually work with two main image "channels" or layers:  an RGB one representing actual colors of surface and another grayscale layer/image representing surface height/depth.

Would be super helpful if Affinity Photo could learn to do the inpainting in sync on those two totally different images/ layers still representing same subject. 

It probably involve some AI job , I am not sure,  I only know Artomatix software that does it  pretty well actually and it's AI based.

Still maybe just mechanical repeating of the inpainting process on depth image after the regular color one would probably be  ok too. Like mesh deform  that I could repeat on a next layer.

Well I was going to suggest trying a Macro to record the inpainting on one layer/image then switch to the other layer/image and replay the macro

But recording inpainting does not seem to work now on Version 1.7 but it does work when I run my old copy of Version 1.6

(I'm on Windows, don't know if it still works on MACs)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
1 hour ago, carl123 said:

But recording inpainting does not seem to work now on Version 1.7 but it does work when I run my old copy of Version 1.6

(I'm on Windows, don't know if it still works on MACs)

This is already logged with our devs as a bug should hopefully be fixed shortly. :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I tried it when it did work,  not sure what build exactly.  The problem is it didn't work for the purpose I described because  on a next layer the inpainting worked in totally different way clonning patches from different areas in different order.  So result on Height layer was totally not in sync with Color layer.  Macro recorded or not.

ps. Just tried it in current 1.8 beta.  Inpainting seems capable to be  recorded in macro  but does it totally different way when you execute it on another layer.   

Did it work  Artomatix way in 1.6?

• 2 months later...