You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I have an issues when using using dual monitors: If I open a picture on my laptop, everything is fine - I see a "normal" coloured picture.

But if I move the window to an attached 2nd monitor, the picture gets reddish. This effect is even more visible when using a black and white picture: It gets realy red.. See attached pictures.

One can see the effect when moving the window very slowly from one monitor to the other - when Affinity "is split" (meaning I see one half on the laptop screen, one half on the external screen) the picture is first shown as normal and then suddenly when moving the window further on  the part of the picture on the external monitor switches to this reddish look.

If I open the picture in another tool and watching it on the external monitor,  everything is fine.

So it seems as if Affinity applies a special colouring to the photo maybe in regard to the monitor type I use?

Setup: Dell Latitude E7240 Laptop, Samsung SyncMaster 2443 Monitor, Win 10, latest Affinity Version

Any ideas?

Regards,

Oliver

2019-11-27 15 36 13.png

2019-11-27 15 36 38.png

• Staff

Hi floerio,

Welcome to the forums :)

Affinity apps convert colours from document colour profile to screen colour profile, meaning if you have a different profile set against your second monitor than you have set in Affinity the app will try to account for this, however we've seen certain conversions don't work as expected - especially with SyncMaster Monitors.

Could you please open Windows Settings, then select System. This should default you to Display, scroll down these settings and select Advanced Display Settings. Change the dropdown list to select the SyncMaster, then select Display Adapter Properties for Display 2. This should open a dialog, here select the Colour Management tab, and then the Colour Management... button.

In the window that opens, you should see a list of your connected monitors, as well as display ICC profiles. Please select the 2nd monitor, then apply the sRGB ICC profile to your SyncMaster monitor. This should look as follows -

image.png

After setting this, please restart the Affinity app and try dragging your document from one screen to the other. Does this resolve the colour shifting for you?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!