You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer not able to import properly a PDF file it exported.

Problem: Make some text in AD using a font with Small caps glyphs. Export this file to PDF for export or print. Now, open that very pdf in AD. Small caps are gone and have been replaced by lowercase and silly kerning. File displays properly in Preview.

Expected: To see the font features preserved on opening.

Example files are attached.

Add.: I really love what you are doing. It is brave and in a couple of years you managed to achieve what that older competitor took decades. But, I would suggest it is time to stop pushing the envelope and sanitize your products. Less features is fine if what we have is reliable and solid. Pdf files that will not be returned by the printing office, converting to curves that works, no double nodes, not crashing when using some sliders... The price is cheaper than the competitor, but I feel much, much happier donating my time to contribute an open source solution than beta-test a proprietary software no matter how cheap I paid. Do you know what I mean?

Thank you for your work.

test.afdesign

test.pdf

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)