You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request - Transformation Tool

Well using Adobe Photoshop offers you some transformation tools, I like. In some cases they could come more handy but you can do a lot of things with those. I am missing those tools in Affinity as I am working on skins for example and so some distortions are useful.

For a selection of pixels I want to have the ability

• to set the rotation point
  • to set a fix corner or midpoint for scalation (so this point will stay where it is)
  • to have negative scaling (like mirroring)
  • to get an distortion transformation tool

These would be very helpful.

@Ushur,

You can do at least the first three already using the move tool after making your selection.

To set the rotation point, turn on the "Enable Transform Origin" button on the context toolbar, then drag it to where you want the rotation to anchor.  To use that same point to scale around, hold down the command key (on Mac - if you are using the other platform check the status bar for what key to use) while dragging one of the handles.

Depending on what you mean by distortion, if your selection is not an entire layer try Layer -> Duplicate Layer to make it into one, then try either the Mesh Warp Tool or the Perspective Tool; one of those might do what you want?

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2019 at 10:22 PM, fde101 said:

@Ushur,

You can do at least the first three already using the move tool after making your selection.

To set the rotation point, turn on the "Enable Transform Origin" button on the context toolbar, then drag it to where you want the rotation to anchor.  To use that same point to scale around, hold down the command key (on Mac - if you are using the other platform check the status bar for what key to use) while dragging one of the handles.

Depending on what you mean by distortion, if your selection is not an entire layer try Layer -> Duplicate Layer to make it into one, then try either the Mesh Warp Tool or the Perspective Tool; one of those might do what you want?

Thank you, so much, @Ushur !

You just saved my day.

Happy New Year, by the way!

MacStudio: M1 Max | 64 GB RAM |32 cores GPU

Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher