You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Designer] Problems with tiled mode and print preview

In Affinity Designer, I have created an A2 map. To print it with my A4 printer, I chose tiled mode in Affinity's printing configuration. As expected, this results in four A4 pages in the print preview: left top quarter, right top quarter, left bottom quarter, right bottom quarter.

My problem: It seems like it's impossible to print just one of those pages. If I choose "Page 2" it still prints all four pages, every time.

In my view, the print preview is screwed up as well. In Windows, when you change the printer properties, every program's print preview will typically show you what your prints will actually look like. With Affinity Designer, if you change the printer properties to B/W, the print preview will still show you colors in the preview.

Likewise, in the above scenario, I accidentially set "2x2 tile mode" the printer properties as well, so I ended up with 4x4=16 tiles. Fair enough, but Affinity's print preview still showed four pages only, not 16. Shouldn't it be capable of realizing what it's about to print?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Hello! I'm having a similar issue. My artboard is bigger than A4 (which is what I can print). If I choose to print and choose tiled, the preview looks correct. If I scale it to 50%, it just makes a weird preview and the PDF it generates is also empty.

To reproduce, I created a simple circle shape. Here is what it looks like tiled at 100% (looks correct to me):

image.thumb.png.f87f067bb43efa4cf189bc2640ef9c1e.png

And here it is scaled, which is obviously wrong:

image.thumb.png.5f898b40a19d8f5b31246f5bede854d1.png

Is there a workaround perhaps?

Thanks!