You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Picking and drawing not visible in some cases

Ushur

Hello everyone!

Well, I found a funny issue. I am not sure how to reproduce it. I think it occurs only after doing some work. It's the third time I found this issue while working on a skin. In this case I have to pick colors and draw a bit repetitive. After picking perhaps one or two hundred times a color, I can't see the color picked and I can't see when I do the drawing again. In some cases the color switches to black and I only got black points. So I closed the file opened it again or another and still the same and after some clicks the black point is drawn again. Funny is that when I hit Crtl-Z the black point doesn't vanish, it stays there.

So, closing the whole application and opening it again removes the bug. I can color pick and draw again. 

Opening the file reveals that my drawing was successfull (more or less cause I couldn't see what I was doing), but it was saved when saving the file although it wasn't shown.

I have a pixel layer, didn't had a selection, there was nur lighting / effect layer involved (there isn't one in the whole file).

As it occurs only in few cases (I work for some weeks now but it only occured three times) I am not able to give screenshots of the error (yes, I missed that). Is there a log file or can I turn on logging for the next time?

•    What is your operating system and version : Windows 8.1 with latest patches
  •    Affinity Photo Version: 1.7.3.481
  •    What happened for you : Color picking / drawing not possible

• Staff

Hey Ushur,

Are you using a tablet at all?

I've had a go with a mouse—I just spammed the Colour Picker Tool and counted to a few hundred but all was well.

The best way for us to proceed would be to see a screen recording the next time it happens.