You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to avoid first sentence to be justified left

Hi,

When justifying left in Publisher the text is spread over the full column width with exception of the last sentence.

Can the first sentence, or paragraph title,  somehow be protected from being left justified?
In the layout the first sentence is a title (in bold font) of the text following without a blank line but it is too short for the justification not looking disturbing:

•      Title                  looks                     odd
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blas bla
bla   bla    bla    bla     bla    bla     bla    bla
bla bla bla.

If the 'title' is a separate item then it should be a separate paragraph with its own style.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce,

Yes but I'm kind of in a gray area here: the 'titles' are more like list items I instantly get discussed.
The whole thing looks non-consistent when too many short blocks of text and single line 'titles' are separated by single or double blank lines.
It is a two-column layout which seems less 'blank lines tolerant' than single column layouts. Single and double blank lines can be used for separating minor and major text brakes but that's about it: when adding blank lines in less minor breaks the overall look is more fragmented than consistent. Only option left is indenting and/or using a bold font for less minor text breaks.

1 hour ago, Roberto1972 said:

The whole thing looks non-consistent when too many short blocks of text and single line 'titles' are separated by single or double blank lines.

Set up the 'title' Paragraph Style to have no space before or after, the same with the 'regular' Paragraph Style. Just my way of working, not anymore right/wrong but I find it easier.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ouch! Pro is talking to amateur here ... frankly I never got to using text styles yet while I know I should.
Using text styles can save a lot of manual editing not to mention the freedom it offers for playing with the overall looks afterwards.
So far also did table of contents still manually while it could be generated automatically when using styles :-)