You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am thinking to learn how to use Affinity Publisher, the main reason is to create layouts for sections of web pages.
That could be hero images with text and buttons, card layouts, etc. Also perhaps business cards.

I'm wondering if Publisher has a library of layout templates that I could browse, select and adapt?
This could also be for inspiration.

I've googled this but didn't find too much so I'm guessing it doesn't but I am hoping I'm wrong :-)

Many Thanks

Steve

Edited by Steve100
spelling mistake, text moved.

There isn’t an official store of templates for Publisher at the moment and Serif don’t supply any with the application.
Publisher hasn’t been around for very long so that sort of thing will take time to come, if it ever does.
In the meantime however, if you have certain requirements then someone might have something they’ve already made which you can alter for your own purposes, but you will have to be pretty specific about what you need and that will limit what other people can give you.

P.S. Publisher probably isn’t the best Affinity app for web page mock-ups. Designer may be better for that sort of thing – it’s got Symbols and other tools that will help – but I’ve never used it for that purpose myself.

Hi Garry,

Thank you for your reply.

I can't really be specific because I'm looking for new ideas, I'll only know when I see something.

I'm only interested in layouts which I can adapt for the web in HTML/CSS. 
I realise there are better tools for website mockups but wouldn't mind if I could get ideas from a tool's templates if it had them.

Thank you once again.

Steve

4 hours ago, Steve100 said:

I'm only interested in layouts which I can adapt for the web in HTML/CSS. 
I realise there are better tools for website mockups but wouldn't mind if I could get ideas from a tool's templates if it had them.

Hi @Steve100,

it's always a good start to look around what others have done. But I think the idea of only looking at templates that come with a specific software is narrowing down the possibilites of inspiration. Your inspiration.

I'd rather look around on the internet itself for websites and template sources no matter if they work with Affinity or not. If you find something that looks interesting you can analyse it and then rebuild it in APub (or any other). Rebuilding will also be a process of learning the software and its features. This will help you to become more independent in the long run.

Of course this takes some time and effort to find the right sites on the net. But the multitude of inspirational sources will pay off :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for your reply.

I wouldn't want to limit the possibilities but add to them. 

If Publisher had such a library built-in then I would definitely want to browse through and customise the layouts, try adding my own colour schemes and content etc. 

Best Regards,

Steve