You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keeps Crashing on Windows!

• Staff
Navigate to the below location from the Run Dialog. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our apps. Please send us the .dmp file with the latest Created/Modified Date.

Affinity Designer:
%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports

We can then check to see if it narrows down the cause of the app.

@pyxl.er

Are you exactly following @Lee Ds advice in his earlier post?

27 minutes ago, pyxl.er said:

I cant find the crash reporter

There isn't a Crash Reporter as such but rather you should have Crash Reports in the folder that Lee directed you to.

If you're not sure how to access that folder do the following: 

• Tap the Windows key (bottom left hand corner of your keyboard) and R at the same time.  That opens the Run box.
  • Copy and past the following into that box: %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports.  In that directory you should find a folder called "reports". 
  • Copy and paste to your next reply any file you find there that has a .dmp extension.

I would be very surprised if you need to redownload and install the app.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I'm having a similar issue.  For me, what's happening is whenever I save a new file, my entire computer will crash.  Not just Affinity Photo,  THE ENTIRE COMPUTER!!!  Now I did discover that this happens when more than 8 GB of RAM gets used.  I have 16 GB so that's more than enough RAM for it to operate.  Any ideas?

13 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

There isn't a Crash Reporter as such but rather you should have Crash Reports in the folder that Lee directed you to.

I've had issues with Affinity apps putting the dumps in the "wrong" folders - it's probably worth searching for .dmp files.  The app name will appear somewhere in the file or path name.  Windows Explorer's search feature isn't great, so I use Everything.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

7 hours ago, firstdondiego said:

I'm having a similar issue.  For me, what's happening is whenever I save a new file, my entire computer will crash.  Not just Affinity Photo,  THE ENTIRE COMPUTER!!!  Now I did discover that this happens when more than 8 GB of RAM gets used.  I have 16 GB so that's more than enough RAM for it to operate.  Any ideas?

Do you get a Windows Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)? If so, please see this FAQ entry, especially if the error is for cldflt.sys:

If some other error is shown, what error was it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1