You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Merging adjustment layers with vector objects

There doesn't seem to be a way to merge an adjustment layer with the vector objects it is applied to.

I already made a post asking about how to accomplish this here:

But there doesn't seem to be a practical way to do it. This is frustrating because the HSL layer, for example, is an amazing way to recolor your artwork that is rendered almost useless when you can't merge it with the vector objects it is applied to.

Adobe Illustrator has had a recolor feature for years and the only reason I'm not making the switch to AD is this. Merging adjustment layers would fix this issue completely and would be an amazing (and logical) addition to AD.

Edited by B_Chris

I think the only way to support that in the general case would be to rasterize them, which is in fact already possible by grouping them first then rasterizing the group.  Only specific adjustments (which granted does include the one you specified) would be possible to merge and still keep the object as a vector.

• 3 years later...