You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

Maybe its some easy task but..cant figure out ,nor find relevant topic: how could I align an object/group to the other object OR

how a rotated object/bounding box could be reset/aligned to absolute horiz/vert level ?

cheers,

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

42 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Maybe its some easy task but..cant figure out ,nor find relevant topic: how could I align an object/group to the other object OR

Your OR confused me a bit, as this part of the question don't seem to be about rotation, as the second part is.

But assuming this part is about simple alignment, if you enable Snapping and appropriate Snapping options you should be able to drag an object/group on the canvas until the appropriate Dynamic Guide appears to show it's aligned with the other object.

45 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

how a rotated object/bounding box could be reset/aligned to absolute horiz/vert level ?

For this one, do you want to reset the bounding box for the rotated object while leaving the object rotated, or do you want to reset the object's rotation (unrotate it)?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Zbigg,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but doesn't the 'Transform' studio provide the functions? Just set the rotation value to zero in the little text entry box. To align you would have to read the rotation value for the first object and then set it for the second. I use copy / paste!

Regards,

Carl

transform.jpg

There is also the Point transform tool (F) in Affinity Designer that can help with snapping and alignment.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions