You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector logotype of Affinity softwares

Hello,

Where can we find a vector version of the different Affinity software logotypes?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

There are Press kits but as PNG files: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/press/press-kits/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'm looking for a vector format, actually more like SVG.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Yeah unless someone has made them themselves I doubt Affinity will dish out vector format designs. It's easy enough to copy the design from the larger PNG files, there is a slight issue in so much as, the logo's have a gradient which might be an issue when exporting to a vector file such as SVG.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

All text and desktop publishing manufacturers talk about their softwares on Wikipedia, and all provide, still on Wikipedia, the vector version of their different logos.

I don't understand why Serif wants to stand out. :33_unamused:

Let's hope that this omission will be quickly fixed and that in the meantime our moderators will provide them here. I need it to showcase Affinity Publisher among other desktop publishing softwares.

Affinity company on french Wikipedia, and elsewhere. It's still a little light to make us want to know more. :27_sunglasses:

3 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

All text and desktop publishing manufacturers talk about their softwares on Wikipedia, and all provide, still on Wikipedia, the vector version of their different logos.

I don't understand why Serif wants to stand out. :33_unamused:

Let's hope that this omission will be quickly fixed and that in the meantime our moderators will provide them here. I need it to showcase Affinity Publisher among other desktop publishing softwares.

Affinity company on french Wikipedia, and elsewhere. It's still a little light to make us want to know more. :27_sunglasses:

First, it is not necessarily the company that is talking about the software on Wikipedia. Many (most?) Wikipedia pages may be made by users, not anyone official. Certainly anyone can edit the pages. I could, for example. Or you could.

That Affinity Publisher page was created by a relatively new Wikipedia editor with the Wikipedia username "Lucas Lac", who has edited pages about a number of programs related to graphics processing, in addition to pages about the Serif Affinity products. If I had to guess I would guess that neither Lucac Lac nor anyone else who has edited that page is part of Serif, though of course I have no way to link Wikipedia usernames and Affinity forum usernames. I would guess the same for the English version of the Affinity Publisher page at Wikipedia. There certainly do not seem to be any edits being made by the same users on both pages, from a quick look.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

Do you have any examples of this? Consider for instance the Wikipedia SVG file of the Photoshop logo. It seems unlikely that "Fred the Oyster" or any of the others who edited that file are Adobe employees.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

First, it is not necessarily the company that is talking about the software on Wikipedia.

Yes, that's right.

Whether Affinity writes on Wikipedia or not is not the point, however. It is a simple observation. Many companies present the product there, directly or underhand, and the information is then generally more accurate and this helps to bring them customers.

The subject object is mainly to get the vectorized version of the logos (always perfect) and not the PNG version (always damaged).

Why not just ask Serif directly: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/contact/

33 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

The subject object is mainly to get the vectorized version of the logos (always perfect) and not the PNG version (always damaged).

I am not sure what you mean by "always damaged" since the press kit PNGs are what Serif has decided should be used in promotional content. Regardless, keep in mind that the Affinity EULA does not grant you any right to copies of any "material relating to the software," which may include the logos.

571746612_EULA12.jpg.ea817cb02ead7aa16360b3fb077516ba.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I think Pyanepsion means damaged in the sense it is rasterised, not crisp sharp lines like a vector file would be, although SVG doesn't seem to handle gradients very well and there is a subtle gradient on each logo, so I doubt even if you created the logo yourself it would export to SVG correctly and that is probably why the logos are PNG.

Evidently.

Affinity only provides a matrix image and this subject interests everyone, not just me!

It would still be a bit silly to put Affinity's qualities to good use compared to its competitors because of a very poor quality logo, and unfortunately this is the case here. It would not be with a vectorized image.

Pyanepsion: Can I ask, why do you want vector versions of the logos? Or, to put it another way, why is it important to you that they are available? The raster versions that are available in the press packs are 1000x1000 pixels which is easily detailed enough for most web use, including Wikipedia. What do you want to do with vector versions that you can’t do with the raster versions?

Decidedly!:D

I wrote an article that talks about Publisher in relation to texters and then compares it to other desktop publishing software. The version provided in PNG by Affinity gives a very poor result. All other manufacturers provide an SVG version in addition to PNG or JPG. Their logo then appears in a very beautiful way.

11 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

All other manufacturers provide an SVG version in addition to PNG or JPG.

Who specifically does this? Can you provide links to manufacturer sources for these SVGs & to their terms of use?

I also very strongly doubt that more than a handful of people would actually base any purchasing or use decisions about the Affinity products on the appearance of the logos in promotional material, in Wikipedia articles, or anywhere else.

Affinity Photo 

I asked on the Facebook page and they confirm there are no vector versions available, but to try contacting pr@serif.com

20 hours ago, R C-R said:

It seems unlikely that "Fred the Oyster" or any of the others who edited that file are Adobe employees.

And they commented on it: "Oops, wrong font and wrong background color!" :-)

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I find it a bit unfortunate that the moderation has not yet proposed here a Designer or SVG version of the logo.

I published my article. Out of 185,000,000 results for the main keyword, the page currently ranks 13th in Google. The poor quality of Affinity Publisher's logo probably causes this DTP software to lose a lot of impact.

You still haven’t answered some of the questions above, specifically:
* “Under which circumstances does the 1000x1000 pixel artwork supplied by Serif give a ‘poor result’?”, and;
* “Who specifically [provides an SVG version of their logo]?”.

Also, how would an SVG logo help with Google keyword search rankings?

20 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

I find it a bit unfortunate that the moderation has not yet proposed here a Designer or SVG version of the logo.

Why? Did you miss what @firstdefence posted above about who to contact about this?

26 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

I published my article. Out of 185,000,000 results for the main keyword, the page currently ranks 13th in Google. The poor quality of Affinity Publisher's logo probably causes this DTP software to lose a lot of impact.

What article did you publish & where would we find it? What keyword were you searching on? What makes you think the quality of whatever logo you used would in any way cause a 'loss of impact' & what specifically do you mean by that?

With so many unanswered questions, it is very difficult just to understand what you are really trying to accomplish, to say nothing of how effective it might be. :(

Affinity Photo 

14 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Well logos are part of the corporate identity and design of a company, which are often commissioned by specialized designers. The whole is often accompanied by a how to usage guide, a style guide and corporate media. The usage guide tells how things have to be setup, why certain color and font are used, how to use and don't use in publications, writing correspondence etc.

Which is very likely why @Pyanepsion needs to contact Serif via pr@serif.com to make sure he is complying with their usage & style guides, as @firstdefence mentioned above.

Affinity Photo 

Usually the press materia @firstdefence pointed to is already meant for such purposes. - Logo vector files are usually kept by companies strictly internal, since they are treated like the RAWs in digital photography or photo negatives in analog photography as the by the corporate design paid originals. Thus it's pretty unlikely that Serif will offer the (initial) vector format designs of those.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2