You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tutorial: Photo Manipulation / Compositing

IAMRENSI

Hey y'all! Let me introduce myself. My name is Rens (Instagram @i.am.rensi).

I've made the switch from PS to Affinity Photo since summer 2019 and I absolutely love it. I figured there's quite some of you asking how to create surreal imagery, so I decided to create tutorials about manipulation and photo compositing. You can find them on my YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/2qABVXW

I will show you step by step how I created these two fun images.

Let me know what you think of them and how I can improve my videos so I can serve you better!

Stay creative!

Rens van Daalen

.JPG

final.jpg

Your buddy,

IAMRENSI

https://youtube.com/@iamrensi

• Staff

Rens van Daalen

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, and thanks for this contribution to share your work

Please feel free to also make some posts the Tutorials forum (one for each tutorial if you like) and perhaps tag with suitable tags

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
8 hours ago, i.am.rensi said:

@Patrick Connor Thanks ! Yea I actually tried that first but couldn’t make it work. Assumed I had to get a forum status to upload tuts or something.. But I’ll try again. Btw, aren’t the tags that I used suitable ?

Yes I think that you may be right. I'll check your status on Monday.

Your tags are fine, thanks for asking

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Very well done, Rens: they look quite realistic.
I've done quite a few over the years, mostly for comic effect on social media, like this one ...
Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and text

(I guess from your name you're probably a Netherlander? Just in case you didn't know, the squirrel's nest is called a drey, and the brewer's wagon is called a dray -- both pronounced the same way in English.)

I started some years ago with Paint Shop Pro, before Affinity came along. I've just made a non-humorous one, which I'll post to the forum in a moment. Finding suitable images to start from can be a problem, and in the past I've 'borrowed' things through Google, like these two -- which is rather naughty of me.

6 hours ago, Kasper-V said:

Very well done, Rens: they look quite realistic.
I've done quite a few over the years, mostly for comic effect on social media, like this one ...
Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and text

(I guess from your name you're probably a Netherlander? Just in case you didn't know, the squirrel's nest is called a drey, and the brewer's wagon is called a dray -- both pronounced the same way in English.)

I started some years ago with Paint Shop Pro, before Affinity came along. I've just made a non-humorous one, which I'll post to the forum in a moment. Finding suitable images to start from can be a problem, and in the past I've 'borrowed' things through Google, like these two -- which is rather naughty of me.

Thank you very much @Kasper-V! And yes indeed I'm from the Netherlands. That's a fun composition indeed, but even better to know the idea behind it ! There are many websites you can source high quality images from. I do use Google every now and then but usually Unsplash, or Pexels! You should definitely check these out.

Your buddy,

IAMRENSI

https://youtube.com/@iamrensi