You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sometimes I can't select any layers after working on a mask layer

Alex_M

I've been having this problem for the past several months and it's been bugging me so much since I work with masks a lot. It started after the last couple of updates IIRC. Does anybody else notice it? Often after I finish working on a mask layer I can no longer select any other layers in the Layers panel. I have found a workaround when this bug happens. First, click on the little arrow next to the pixel layer that the mask belongs to, click on the mask layer, click on the parent layer again, and then I am able to select layers freely again. Very strange.

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• Staff

Hey Alex_M,

I've been looking at this on and off for the past couple of days and I just cannot get my app into a similar state. Does this happen all the time or occasionally? I guess I'm asking if I asked you to reproduce it now with a video recording, would you be able to do it?

Perhaps a screenshot might help so we can see if the UI gives us a clue as to what is going on. 

Hi Chris,

It happens probably half of the time I work with masks. I will first try to nail down the reproduction steps and record a video.

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• Staff
10 hours ago, Alex_M said:

I will first try to nail down the reproduction steps and record a video.

Thank you. This would be very much appreciated. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to reproduce it but I had no such luck :( 

Sorry for the delay. I'm kind of swamped right now, but I promise to record the video as soon as possible.