You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer and Photo will not open on Windows

Hello,

I can't get Designer or Photo to open. I have the latest version of Windows and both programs. When I click to open them, I get a blank screen, and then after about a minute, it closes as if nothing happened. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both. This problem has been ongoing for about three months now, and I've switched back to Photoshop just so I can get my projects done, but I really really need Designer to open. 

Every now and then, if I try to open it about 4 times in a row, it will open. But not every time. Extremely frustrated.

Edited by pinecoast

@pinecoast

Have you seen and looked through the new FAQ section of the forum?  This post in that forum will at least give you a possible starting pointer.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@pinecoast

So you need to do everything that is mentioned in the final paragraph of that post;

If you don't have any of the Third Party apps listed in the above link and the app is still crashing, please start a new thread and attach your crash report  - this will allow our support team to investigate your issue further. You can find out more information about crash reports in our Where to find Crash Reports FAQ.

You've entirely correctly started a new thread, now you need to find and attach at least one crash report to any additional post you make.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

@pinecoast Thanks for uploading the crash files, I'll get them checked out when back in the office to see if they narrow down the cause of the issue. In the meantime can you make sure you have the latest graphic drivers installed.

Also check for the following Windows update, if it's installed, uninstall it KB4515384 and try our apps again.