You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Coloured change when printing PDF

Hello, I am teaching myself Publisher and have prepared and A3 poster for a local client. On my screen - and on my home HP printer - all looks fine....BUT when my client prints out the poster (on her company in-house printer) she got a slightly different shade of colour around the logos. I have attached a photo to show you was I mean.

The logos are a mix of JPG, EPS or afphoto files - and I have made the backgrounds transparent.  I have also attached a screen shot of my layers in case I have done something wrong there.

Can any one suggest what I might be doing wrong? Or is it a compatibility issue with her printer?

I am not too familiar with the technical issues are colour management etc, so please can you take any replies written like  "an idiots guide"

thanks for your help, chris

IMG_7890.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 14.32.22.png

It's the client's printer. It has an issue flattening transparency.

Are you exporting a pdf?

You can likely get around the issue if they are printing directly by setting the print dialog to Rasterize entire page (Rasterize section).

You may be able to simply select those logos and choose to rasterize them on the page. But do so on a copy of your document.

If they will have these printed professionally, the pdf used will probably print correctly.

Thanks for both your helpful replies.

In reply to MikeW: yes I am exporting as PDF's.  

Problem with making adjustments to the printer is that it is the clients in-house printer and I'm not privy to the settings available. (And being a County Council printer they may have have locked down some settings!) But I can pass on your suggestion to my client.

I'm not sure how to select the logos and rasterise them myself - can you give more advice about that?

In reply to Lagarto: Thanks for the suggestion to export as "PDF/X1-a" ....I will try this! Sound like a nice simple solution to my problem. 

Thanks again, Chris