You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bugged text edit

Desmild

Hellio Affinity, i am a brand new costumer. Bought the Designer and Publisher some days ago as i really never use the photo editing part anyway. 
But what a amazing technology you guys have made here ! 
I was really stressed because of Adobes subscription but then i found you guys :D And you even make stuff better than them.
I understand this diamond takes time to Perfect, so i am not complaining about the bugs.

But there is a minor bug with the text editor. It can come into effect if you color the text but it may randomly comes into play also (think it happened once). And then you can't select word/text by double clicking or triple clicking. 
The same problem occurs in Publisher also if i import a PDF dokument and copy a table with text into a new dokument. (The table was made in Indesign in this case)

I am going to report all bugs because you guys are my favorite company now. 

Here is a feature suggestion also just for fun:
- When editing the spelling of Words/Phrases of the whole document; one should have the option to search of "Full Words Only" 
Example: Let's say i want to change the word "of" to "was". If i do that that it will change the "of" in "ofcource" also since you don't have that option. 

And to the members of this forum like me:
give these people some slack. They can't deliver every request you want within the year or two. I personally just hope the guys who run this company will scale it up to the size it deserves. 

Edited by Desmild

• Staff

Hi Desmild,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! Thank you for your kind sentiments!

Unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce the issue. Are you able to get a screen recording that demonstrates you setting up and recreating the issue? If you're not able to do a screen recording can you give us a step by step recipe to create it on a new document (listing every operation you are doing). Even attaching a document would help!

Thanks

11 hours ago, Desmild said:

Here is a feature suggestion also just for fun:
- When editing the spelling of Words/Phrases of the whole document; one should have the option to search of "Full Words Only" 
Example: Let's say i want to change the word "of" to "was". If i do that that it will change the "of" in "ofcource" also since you don't have that option. 

image.png.c7fee84f18a24761714134c860c88d8d.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hmmm that was strange. I posted this thread the same day those issues occured but i cannot reproduce the bugs now. None of them.
And that is actally good and not unfortunate :) but i will come with video evidence on the next bug. 

I do have a little theory why it occured and that might be since i use a laptop so i think it may be either because:
- I did not turn my laptop off the night before so it tends to get slower because of that. 
- Or it had something to to With the laptop going into sleep the night before. 

But the fact is that i have only used laptop for around a month so i really don't have a clue. It's a New model: Lenovo Y540

Thank you very much Walt.farell, i did not spot that option but it is great that it is there. It takes a little time to get used to the Interface of Affinity and i have not had a lot of time in there yet. I have only made things ready in there; but i am done now so i will start using it in full production today. 

Edited by Desmild