You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity PowerPoint

8 hours ago, Medical Officer Bones said:

Publisher + PDF export = presentation with slides which can be viewed anywhere on any device. ;-)

For a static presentation without interactivity or motion, sure.

16 hours ago, mpowell said:

Cool, I know that there is

• Affinity Design
  • Affinity Photo
  • Affinity Publisher

How about Affinity PowerPoint Presentation App?

When there are OpenSource options (like in the LibreOffice suite, et al), don't you think for Serif to spend time on this--or about any other application--would be a poor use of effort when so much needs added and/or fixed in current applications?

5 hours ago, MikeW said:

For a static presentation without interactivity or motion, sure.

When there are OpenSource options (like in the LibreOffice suite, et al), don't you think for Serif to spend time on this--or about any other application--would be a poor use of effort when so much needs added and/or fixed in current applications?

Oh, ok. Sorry about that. Didn't know.

15 hours ago, Catshill said:

I would prefer limited resources to be targeted at improving the existing apps.

Absolutely!

The existing tools are full of super annoying bugs and some of them are literally known for years.

I would be super disappointed if they start another tool instead of finally fixing the old stuff. 

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

I think @mpowell is a MS Windows user. Else he would have discovered Apple Keynote by now. By the way, it is available in the browser for non-Mac or non-iPad users via iCloud.com and includes many of the features available on Mac or iPad.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

On 11/23/2019 at 4:12 AM, RNKLN said:

I think @mpowell is a MS Windows user. Else he would have discovered Apple Keynote by now. By the way, it is available in the browser for non-Mac or non-iPad users via iCloud.com and includes many of the features available on Mac or iPad.

I do use Windows, all I was doing is sharing an Idea by asking the question..

I'll admit to be wishing for an Affinity PowerPoint Presentation app as well, but can see your point(s) in getting some other bugs killed first. It's just that I'm loving what Affinity has to offer & dread having to use something like MS PowerPoint.. Somehow it feels so wimpy when I'm coming from using Affinity.:|

21 hours ago, mpowell said:

I do use Windows, all I was doing is sharing an Idea by asking the question..

No problem, i was just indicating that for Mac users there's a great alternative for PPT.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions