You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF import as one layer raster image

Hello,

is there a way to import .pdf files as a flattened raster image in Affinity Photo? Currently it opens .pdf files as layered documents with editable text and vector objects (in many cases not properly representing every element).

Thanks!

Not really. You can open it and then flatten it, but that won't improve how elements are represented because that is already as good as we can currently make it. If the problem is text, unchecking the Favour editable text over fidelity box may help. Otherwise, it may be a part of the PDF specification that we don't currently support (eg, mesh fills), or it may be a bug that we could fix if we had more detail.

Hello Dave,

thanks for your answer. I got a bunch of PDF files from a client, who exported them from Powerpoint (OK perhaps that's the problem). I attach one of these. When I open it in Affinity Photo two pictures are missing from the page. I can select them with the move tool but their layers are empty. Screenshot also attached.

Thank you.

8408-M.pdf

post-13563-0-71597700-1436543741_thumb.png