You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Pages Do Not Reapply When Pages Are Shuffled

stutes

So I have a newsletter that has page spreads, with left and right facing pages, and as such it also a couple of masters that are spreads with left and right facing pages. The left page has page numbers on the left, and the right page has page numbers on the right. Pretty standard.

What happens:

• I apply a master to a spread, but have to reshuffle the layout. In the process some pages change their face, going from being on the left to being on the right.
  • However, the master doesn't change. When a page is moved from left to right, it retains a left page master, displaying page numbers on the left side (now displaying along the inside of the newsletter instead of the outside).

What I would expect:

• When the page is shuffled from one side to the other (left to right for example), I would expect it to adopt the other side of spread for that master.

4 hours ago, stutes said:

I would expect it to adopt the other side of spread for that master.

I too thought that, expected that, until I started working with more masters in a document. Suddenly I didn't want the page numbers being moved for example. They were more complex than simple page numbers.

You will have to reapply the master. But that will destroy the stuff on the page, so don't. The Beta has a Migrate content function with the apply Master Page function, it works quite well. I would suggest using that if it is not critical (mortgage payment earnings type work) you are working on.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.