You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Nodes & Handles interaction tool (Curvature tool)

I have explained the tool idea (And provide examples) in this other topic:

A tool that makes the handles interact with the nodes, the handles change depending of the node movement
___

Could be an upgrade to the current node tool, as a setting for the way the node tool manage the handles:
Example:

Settings 3.png

image.thumb.png.6b036aea64699c202bf77f9dd4387777.png
(Second Image is a zoom for the image above)
_

Or be a completely new tool instead

Edited by Larryh

Hi Larry And Hi Affinity workers...

The ancestor off Aff Designer, Draw Plus X8 had a tool "Pen B-Spline" very useful to retrace from a scanned model.
This B-Spline Feather is also present in the Expression software (Creature House Fractal Design - 1996 ?) Fallen into the hands of Microsoft
and offered free in 2003.
In Expression, you can modify the nodes afterwards, (roundtrip from an acute angle to a curve).

The people at Designer should put the B-Spline up to date, personally I was looking for this kind of tool that I discovered ... Affinity! WAVESET.thumb.jpg.beaacc79d5e188a6e550e7a96dac5a6e.jpg1575336927_B-Spline2.jpg.2b51f06222e8fcbcf743d8aeeac2ceb3.jpg187123976_B-Spline1.jpg.1d1103d709c702e1bd1271ce25d57c8c.jpg

I remember Expression very well.  The vector skeleton which included stroke width as well as position, combined with clever image- or vector-based stroke rendering, was exceptional.  If that combination of features finds its way into Affinity Designer, I would be ecstatic.

As an experienced Rhinoceros CAD and CorelDRAW graphics design user, I have a lot of familiarity with tweaking B-splines (there is a intimate mathematical relationship between B-splines and chains of Bezier curve segments).  But the Expression stroke rendering is something I've not seen in another application.

Expression currently runs smoothly on WIN 7, unfortunately its interface looks rustic today and it takes good eyes to manipulate its tools.
If at Affinity they wanted to add this B-Spline, Designer's arsenal would not be far from complete! (I have the exe of this software and I can send it to whoever wants: V 3.3 Beta - Not for Sale - Creature House Expression - 59 MB).

I am not familiarized with B-spline tool name, not sure if that is what I am suggesting in the OP:
What I suggest is a Curvature tool able to do this:5idvPhPONZ.thumb.gif.4fcfc874f5922fb9422ba1e1967b8dfb.gif
(I don´t work with lines, I work only with shapes)
The gif show the difference between the two shape modifier tools
- Handle tool: Only modify the position of the nodes
- Curvature tool: Modify node and handles (including handles of other nodes too) at the same time
_
Do the B-spline tool work as the gif example to modify shapes? (Maybe the Curvature tool and the B-spline tool are exactly the same feature with a different name)