You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher So Slow

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

in this case, speed of opening from what @Jon P described above...

That said I can tell you from experience that after the first save, hi-res photo files in Affinity Photo then re-save in the native Affinity format much faster than they do in PSD format.  I think how noticeable it will be depends quite a bit on the nature of what is contained in the document; one of the optimizations seems to be that the program doesn't always need to re-write parts of the document that haven't changed every time you save it?

This thread is about APub.

13 hours ago, MikeW said:

This thread is about APub.

Yes, but that comment was in reference the performance aspects of the file format, which all three apps have in common.  I was using an example from my experience with Photo to indicate that there are at least some categories of documents for which the file format does in fact make things much faster.  That in principle should apply to Designer and Publisher as well under the right conditions.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.