You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crash on opening file

Problem could be related to the used images. Without images - as they are all linked - the document opens on my PC without a problem. The hard way would be to add the images one by one to see where the problem is.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I have much the same problem with a simple file - just four pages as a booklet and a single AFPhoto image which is added twice - on page one and page four - plus a little bit of of artistic text.
The file opens initially OK but the Pages mini-image doesn't show the image on page four.
You can't move the image on page one nor the text.
Scrolling down to page four in the main editing window displays the image but the software freezes at this point and have to use Task Manager to kill off AFPub.

It's a problem that is reproducible at will - not sure if it's the AFPhoto image which was a JPG that was edited.

Perhaps someone else would like to try this?

csc template cover.afphoto

test publication 01 - 1.8.0.502.afpub

• Staff

It looks like a very similar issue, after saving and re-opening the image DPI is listed as -1.

I still can't reproduce a crash but have added this to the report I made for the above issue

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.