You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How many pages can I make with Affinity Publisher?

I'm currently lay-outing a book on AP 1.7.3, MacBook Pro 13 " 2018, 16 GB RAM, 6x9 inch page size, simple text layout, nothing fancy, and about 50 images, images linked. Now at page 65. Right from the start there was a delay between keypress and letters being typed on the screen. Now with every page AP becomes slower, slower to safe, slower to show up after switching to other apps, in general everything is slower than just 20 pages ago.

How many pages can I still add before having to start a new document? Or should I break the book up after 40 pages? My book will have about 80 pages in total, will AP be able to handle all 80 pages? Thanks

• Staff

Publisher can handle large pages numbers, it's up to you if you wish to break your book up into sections to manage. If this was the case you would need to publish each one separately as Publisher doesn't have a feature to combine these at this time.

If you are having issues with performance, it may be worth providing a sample file to see if the same issues occur.