You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[beta 502] Reopening an IDML imported APub doc has several pics clipped

The pics within frames created by the import show a part of the pic. I found after the initial import I had to select each one in the Layers pane, then they each filled the picture frame properly as soon as I clicked on the layer with that pic.  I had done that before and saved, then closed the doc, but upon reopening, the pics again open as cropped. Looks like the ones that are clipped upon opening are both eps and jpg.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 12.27.59 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

I too see this in my reopened documents. If I click on the wrongly displayed icons (marked with pink) I get the right view again.

I think It's only a viewport-bug. My imports are .afdesign files.

840581930_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-20um10_41_07.png.896e4bb754d201019c231da2eacbd8a1.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

Can you attach the idml doc you imported before saving and re-opening?

Thanks

@Jon P you mean @nwhit, right?

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);

• Staff

I do, but if you see the same with an afdesign file that can work too - obvoiusly if you attach a saved an afpub file i'll only see it not working, intrigued to see the initial import before the save and re-open

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

18 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I do, but if you see the same with an afdesign file that can work too - obvoiusly if you attach a saved an afpub file i'll only see it not working, intrigued to see the initial import before the save and re-open

Well, with my specific document, it's not only linked to IDML import.
(maybe just the b502, which crashed constantly today as I used it extensibly)

1) I Imported a IDML with the customer preset text-styles and corporate design colours.

2) deleted most of the contents, wrote new text in these styles,

3) adjusted the textstyles,

4) placed simple one-color .afdesign icons,

5) saved

6) re-opened – voilá.

attached:

• idml with the textstyles,, which I used as base-document.
  • one icon.
  • the afpub b502 file wiith the "cropped" icons

baltic_pr_aussendung_07rz.idml

Foto_neg.afdesign

hb ins keramiko2020_10.afpub

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Can you attach the idml doc you imported before saving and re-opening?

Thanks

Jon, need a link since it will have several linked files.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

@Jon P  Can you provide a link for the files (if still needed)? Thanks.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.