You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Launchpad - Removal of Affinity Photo Beta icon

After the wiggle there is no X, instead I get a window stating "Beta Expired. This bet has expired - please download the latest beta to continue testing". Two boxes stating DOWNLOAD and OK.

I then tried to download, thinking that once it's downloaded I should be able to delete it. Unfortunately I'm informed the Beta versions have now ended. So still stuck with the Affinity Photo Beta icon in the launchpad.

I believe this is a Mac issue.  Apps that are not downloaded from the App Store do not have the X to delete from the Launch pad.  Most will disappear if you drag them from the App Folder to the Trash, but some remain.  I've done some googling, and the best I've come up with is a work around that I have a folder with all the icons from deleted apps.  

Could be wrong, but I think this is NOT an Affinity issue.