You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Annoying White Line at Bottom.

The white line must be for the latest iPad Pro, as I have 10.5” iPad Pro, iPadOS 13.2.3 update, no white line.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

3 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Sid007,

This is a feature of iOS I'm afraid as it is the line for the dock if you swipe up on the line your dock should appear.

Thanks

C

Thanks, Callum. But, the same gesture (upward swipe) w/o the line is a long accepted way to invoke the bar. Doesn’t it defy logic that the wizards at Apple would even consider such a redundancy?  Perhaps you see something here that I am missing. Thanx, again, Callum for the suggestion.

Sid007

iPad Pro 12.9”, iPad OS 13.2.3, Affinity Photo, ProCamera.

No white line here :) but if you are seeing on larger models in ALL apps it’s either iOS “feature” or if it performs no function, a faulty screen. :o

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

DM1, thanx for the perspective. I went over to the Apple iPad Forum and learned from an apparently quite experienced fellow that the line is coded into systems that do not have a “Home” button, such as my new Pro 12.9. He claims that the line is there to indicate where to swipe up to open the home screen. I questioned that by pointing out that it didn’t make any difference, that an upward swipe from anywhere along the bottom opens the screen. 

The bottom line for me right now is to continue to seek the absolute answer to this question before I get stuck with a defective iPad.

Sid007

iPad Pro 12.9”, iPad OS 13.2.3, Affinity Photo, ProCamera.