Jump to content

Baseline Grids – Should they have distinguishing names?

Recommended Posts

There are two types of baseline grids:
a) the document level baseline grid;
b) text frame level baseline grids.

When the user selects to “Use Baseline Grid” via the Baseline Grid Manager, that baseline grid is for the whole document but it can be overridden if the user decides to add a Baseline Grid via the “Use Baseline Grid” option in the Text Frame Panel.

At the moment they are both called “Baseline Grid”. Would it be better if the document level baseline grid was called the Document Baseline Grid and the text frame baseline grid called the Local Baseline Grid (or Frame Baseline Grid)? That might help the user distinguish between the two.  It would also make explaining them a bit easier.

It’s not a big thing but I thought I’d ask the question.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.