You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't resize any Text Frame

Hi guys,

I'm new to AP and I've got a very strange bug / issue that I can't seem to fix. Affinity is not responding on Twitter, so I'll post it here hoping that you can help me out. I've made a screen recording, that I've attached.

The issue is that my Text Frames are not resizable! If I create a Text Frame I don't see the 2 dots to resize or scale the Text Frame. 

If I export my afpub file as a PDF and re-open thát in AP, everything works just fine! You can see this in the attached MP4.

It works in AD, so this issue is for me just related to AP. Strangely... 

Does anybody know what this might be? Has anybody experienced this himself?

Hopefully, someone has a tip for me. Thanks in advance, René

★ I'm on MacOS Catelina 10.15.1 running the latest AP install.

Do not confuse the Text Frame Tool with the Artistic Text Tool. Both tools are working different.

With the Text Frame Tool you can change height and width of the frame without scaling. For scaling the text frame proportionally there is the second handle in the bottom right corner. When you export your file and open it again you'll see a checkbox where Publisher should try to combine lines of text into a text frame. The Text Frame Tool on your video is right under the Node Tool.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed