You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.0.502] idml with placed multipage ai-files incorrect page

Most of my idml conversions are wonderful!

I noticed some weird behaviour when re-opening the freshly converted file: 
If you have placed multi-page Illustrator-Logos within your original InDesign Doc, or multipage INDDs inside the INDD (which is also possible) Publisher gets the correct page right at the first Import. 

BUT:

If you re-open the saved .afpub document, the .ai-page defaults to page 1.

1119657749_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-18um21_59_55.png.925edf94c03b136dcd6734cdc140cf4f.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• Staff

Hi,

This isn't anything to do with IDML import actually, turns out with AI and PDF files (that i've looked at so far) we aren't remembering which page was selected in the spread dropdown when reloading the file

I've logged this, thanks for the report

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thank You, good to know it's reported to the team!

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.