You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF render garbled text

vfxwolf

1 hour ago, LibreTraining said:

Crimson Text has problems with how the name fields are configured.
Everything is in the style group fields and the Typographic Family fields are empty.
Style groups should only have: Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic
Crimson Text also has Roman, Semibold, Semibold Italic in there.
This is confusing APub and causing font corruption.
It also confuses the heck out of LibreOffice.
So I made a version with fixed names which works properly in LibreOffice - Crimson Text LO
Just tested and it also works properly in APub 1.8 beta.
I left "Roman" in the Typographic Style field where is is OK.

Crimson.Text.LO.(fixed.names).7z

Try those fonts.
My guess is that will solve your issue.

Interesting. Will give it a try. Although, as in my screen grab above Crimson Text works fine in one document, and not in the other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2019 at 4:35 AM, Pauls said:

Some people have been getting problems when they have duplicate fonts installed - maybe you have 2 versions of the problematic font ?

This error has popped up again. Different font (Vollkorn). The font is working in the first row of the table. Fails in the paragraph, and the second column. It also displays correctly in the first column, however it has decided to reduce all the numbers by 1, so instead of that column going from 1-8, it now goes 0-7. It also no longer works in a file that it once worked in. Happy to send you some files as well. It also works when I export to all the other file formats.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.40.08 AM.png

16 minutes ago, Pauls said:

is that from Google Fonts or somewhere else?

You can upload files to the original location

Yeah, I think it's from Google Fonts. Possibly Font Squirrel. I actually resolved it. I'm not sure why but there were multiple installed copies, only one was active (the OTF version). I reactivated all versions, then cleaned up the "multiple versions" error and now everything works as expected.

Maybe Publisher is trying to use TTF files, and it craps out because they're disabled? No idea. But reseting the active/inactive/multiple versions states of fonts fixes it.