You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yep, works for me too.

Have you tried the usual things - re-booting etc., etc?

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 16GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - Asus ProArt  24" 1920 x 1200

iMac 2017 Quad-Core Intel 2.4GHz Cor i5 - 21.5'' Retina 4K - 8Gb RAM - 1TB Fusion drive - Radion Pro 560 4GB - Ventura 13.0.1

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 - i7 6700HQ - 16Mb RAM - 128Gb SSD 1Tb HD - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M 4Gb GDDR5 RAM - 4K

Asus N56V i7 3630QM 2.40GHz; 8Mb RAM; 1Tb HD; 64 bit. Nvidia GT 650M 2Gb: 1920 x 1080 - 2nd Monitor: Asus ProArt  24": 1920 x 1200

Here are a few early observances from me:

• All of the images are linked so I can only see low-res versions.
  • Some of the text frames and tables seem to be empty but I don’t know which ones are supposed to be.
  • On page 27 there is an inline image inside an “(OBJ)” layer (which I haven’t seen before) which gives a strange behaviour (see attached GIF).
  • Some of the master pages look a bit strange (not containing what I thought they might).

I don’t think we can really say what is wrong without more details of what is supposed to be there in specific cases.
It looks like a work-in-progress so we can’t tell what’s wrong specifically without knowing what should be there and isn’t.

inline-oddity.gif

Edited by GarryP
Forgot to add GIF.

OK.  I reinstalled the software. I saved the file as a new doc - nothing works. When I open the document everthing is wite and it says loading - then it stops and says no response. It seems that I have to start from the very beginning. so all of my work (as a newbee) is gone.I dont know what else to do now

Since all your files are linked it's possible that one of them is preventing the document from opening

Looking at your directory structure for your images if you rename this folder \HOTEL LAMM\ it should prevent all the images from loading

Once renamed restart Publisher and open the file

You will get a message about missing files

when asked if you would like to "Locate the missing resources" say NO

Let us know if the document then loads or what happens

(if it does load all images will be low resolution - don't worry about that for now)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, bkl said:

Now, all the images are gone

Do you mean GONE or just low resolution?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

OK, what we did suggests that one of the images may be corrupt (or loading incorrectly)

What I would do now would be to rename the folder back to what it was, move all images to a new location, then add them back in batches, reloading the document each time to see when it fails, then narrow it down to whatever image is causing the problem.

It would be very easy for me as all my project images are always in one folder. 

Yours are in multiple folders so it may be a bit harder for you but not impossible.

Good luck

Come back and let us know how it goes and what you find so this thread can help others in the future 

Thank you. Do you suggest that I move all images I want to use to one new folder, f.e. named Brochure.. ? Do I have to import them into the file of publisher or just place them individually one by one from the new folder?

2 minutes ago, bkl said:

Thank you. Do you suggest that I move all images I want to use to one new folder, f.e. named Brochure..

It can be done but it may be a bit tricky at the moment if you have not located that "corrupt" file

14 minutes ago, bkl said:

Do I have to import them into the file of publisher or just place them individually one by one from the new folder?

Normally, when you get the prompt for the missing resources selecting YES and navigating to the new folder will automatically link all other files it finds in that folder but like I said that "corrupt" file may make this procedure a lot more unpredictable at the moment plus since your current images are in multiple folders it also complicates matters moving everything into one folder if you have not done this sort of stuff before.