You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am doing the graphic design of a game using SVG files
I was using Adobe Illustrator CC, but exporting SVG files in AI ruins the gradient, shapes, so I switched to affinity designer
The problem is that when I open any SVG file, the color of the vectors looks wrong, pale, without saturation
I think it could be because the color settings, and display settings
When I export the file as SVG, the colors display correctly in other software, such as inkscape/illustrator (as should be) but not in affinity designer, so yeah, the problem is about displaying the colors in the software correctly

_______
These are two examples of the same file open in different softwares

- (Affinity open the Affinity file.PNG - SVG screenshot)

Affinity file.PNG

__

- (Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape or other software or browser open the SVG file.PNG - SVG screenshot)

SVG file.PNG

Edited by Larryh

• Staff

Hi Larryh :)

14 hours ago, Larryh said:

I think it could be because the color settings, and display settings

I agree, this will likely be due to the colour space of the document itself changing, the colour preference settings in Affinity or an ICC profile set against your monitor.

With the document open in Affinity, please go File>Document Setup and select the Colour tab. What Colour Space/ Colour Profile is in use here please? Does this match the Space/Profile in Illustrator etc?

Please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Colour and provide a screenshot of your settings here.

Do you have a custom ICC profile set against your monitor through your OS?

Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

ICC profile for monitor in OS.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

image.png.05b1241a6f109fe0438f239aa51af82a.png
The problem is that the masking shape takes the transparency that should be applied instead to the object
And so, the object takes the default 100% transparency

Should be in the inverse order, that is the issue, bug, inconventient I have

Idk if there is a quick solution to make the transaprency apply to the correct object
_

There is also other problem that makes the masking object not apply the mask to the object inside
(Affinity Designer software convert the mask to a layer group instead, meaning that they are just in the same group, but there is no masking)

All this when the SVG file is imported to Affinity Designer

_

If you open the file in any other software or browser, the transparency is applied to the correct object
I have sent a Email with a SVG file example, so you guys can check the issue

Edited by Larryh

• Staff

Thanks for your description of the isse, I can see you have posted the same in our bugs section of the forums - please refrain from creating duplicate posts as this may cause a delay in responding to you, as multiple teams will be investigating the same issue.

Sean, one of our QA team, has replied to your bug post and bumped the development report with your issue - I hope this helps.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Bug fixes are implemented into our code almost daily - however any fixes or changes made must first go through our dev process, then tested by QA, then we release a BETA version (either publicly or privately) where the changes are tested and finally these builds are released to retail - provided they pass all previous tests.

Unfortunately this means we can't provide estimates for when a bug fix may be implemented, my apologies.

Please note -

Many thanks!