You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes, not responding

jscot

I am a creative and only use Affinity Photo for compositing work. I'm running version 1.7.3.481, and after about an hour the program stops responding and I have to close and restart. Runs smooth for about an hour then begins to slow and eventually stops responding. 

I'm usually adding assets,(images,pngs) to my composite and doing various editing like masking, dodge and burn, etc.

Crashes, when I attempt to add an image to my composite.

Again everything runs fine for the first hour or so.

My system specs,

Intel I7 Core 6500 2.5G, 8G ram,64bit, 1T HD

I run Photoshop with this spec with no issues and build large complex composites with no crashes, so I do not believe this an issue inherent with my set up. Although it may be that Affinity Photo is not playing nice with my set up.

thanks

• Staff

Hey jscot,

We could really do with the crash report. These can be found here - %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

I usually keep my app open all day or often days on end without restarting it and I'm usually testing customer files and I don't experience a slowdown like you've described. I wonder if you're just hitting the same trigger... Hopefully, the crash report will help identify what's going on.

• Staff
On 11/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, jscot said:

Ah, sorry—this is why I asked for a crash report.

Does Task Manager display your CPU or RAM maxed out at the time it stops responding? 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:41 PM, jscot said:

I am a creative and only use Affinity Photo for compositing work. I'm running version 1.7.3.481, and after about an hour the program stops responding and I have to close and restart. Runs smooth for about an hour then begins to slow and eventually stops responding. 

I'm usually adding assets,(images,pngs) to my composite and doing various editing like masking, dodge and burn, etc.

Again everything runs fine for the first hour or so.

My system specs,

Intel I7 Core 6500 2.5G, 8G ram,64bit, 1T HD

I run Photoshop with this spec with no issues and build large complex composites with no crashes, so I do not believe this an issue inherent with my set up. Although it may be that Affinity Photo is not playing nice with my set up.

thanks

I've very similar computer with Win 10 Prof and I have the same problem. 

New versions of AP did not fix the problem  :-(

Windows 7 Pro 64, 8 GB RAM.

Also I had the problem two days ago that AP has frozen during the work. Indeed, it was the beta 1.8.0.484. There was no crash and, hence, also no crash report. I had to close the program with the task manager because the program reacted no more. Strangely was present that I had shifted the tool strip unintentional anyhow, so that it appeared in the task strip separately. With which working step exactly this has happened, unfortunately, I can say no more.

Auch ich hatte vor zwei Tagen das Problem, dass AP während der Arbeit eingefroren ist. Allerdings war es die Beta 1.8.0.484. Es gab keinen Crash und daher auch keinen Crashreport. Ich musste das Programm mit dem Taskmanager schließen, weil das Programm nicht mehr reagierte. Merkwürdig war dabei, dass ich die Werkzeugleiste unbeabsichtigt irgendwie verschoben hatte, sodass sie in der Taskleiste separat aufschien. Bei welchem Arbeitsschritt genau das passiert ist, kann ich leider nicht mehr sagen.

At the same time I had opened Libre Office Writer because worked on photos were inserted here. Also the LO Writer reacted no more and I had to close him likewise in the task manager.

In AP I had four photos for the treatment or, however, does not work on yet exported. I have felt it very positively that with these four photos when restarting AP were offered recently to the treatment and that my present work was not lost.

Gleichzeitig hatte ich Libre Office Writer geöffnet, weil bearbeitete Fotos hier eingefügt wurden. Auch der LO Writer reagierte nicht mehr und ich musste ihn ebenfalls im Taskmanager schließen. Im AP hatte ich vier Fotos zur Bearbeitung bzw. bearbeitet aber noch nicht exportiert. Ich habe es sehr positiv empfunden, dass mit diese vier Fotos beim Neustart von AP neuerlich zur Bearbeitung angeboten wurden und dass meine bisherige Arbeit nicht verloren war.

Grüße
Guzzi

Windows 10 Prof.; Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481, Beta 1.8.0.532