You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Arm 64 Affinity Designer & Photo

I recently bought Affinity Designer for the Microsoft App Store and I am loving it on my PC. I just bought a Surface Pro X, after having a HP Envy X2, both of these devices are Windows 10 on Arm devices. With my HP Envy X2, I used the 32-bit Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Adobe stated recently that it is bringing its apps starting with Fresco to Windows 10 on Arm. I would like to use Affinity Designer & Photo on it instead of the Adobe products. Anything you can share about Windows 10 on Arm development?

@MBX1, welcome to the forums!

This has been discussed on another thread.  The Affinity apps are 64-bit and use a Micro$oft framework for their user interfaces which is not available on the 64-bit ARM version of Windoze, so there is currently no way for Serif to get this working, short of re-writing their user interface under a different framework, something which I would not expect to happen quickly.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, MBX1 said:

I recently bought Affinity Designer for the Microsoft App Store and I am loving it on my PC. I just bought a Surface Pro X, after having a HP Envy X2, both of these devices are Windows 10 on Arm devices. With my HP Envy X2, I used the 32-bit Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Adobe stated recently that it is bringing its apps starting with Fresco to Windows 10 on Arm. I would like to use Affinity Designer & Photo on it instead of the Adobe products. Anything you can share about Windows 10 on Arm development?

Hi, we're looking at this new category of devices, and evaluating what to do. Nothing to share yet, but we'll let you know when we know more :-)

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:04 AM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi, we're looking at this new category of devices, and evaluating what to do. Nothing to share yet, but we'll let you know when we know more 🙂

Hi I am just looking to see if there has been any updates on the state of this?