You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

But I'm not measuring the colour values with the colour picker - I'm  just observing the rgb values shown when I use the colour picker to select the original colour, which accords with the rgb values shown in the colour panel, and it is the colour panel that I have been using as set out in my earlier post to see what's happening. At least on my (Windows) machine it is showing different cmyk values between objects, one where the values have been inputted directly and the other assigned via the colour picker. So direct input = 100,82,0,32 and fillng object via colour picker/picked colour swatch =100,93,18,9. I'm wondering if this is how the OP has assigned colours as it perhaps could explain the observed the differences stated. This would imply don't use the colour picker at all but aways input values directly into the colour panel if you wish to retain colour 

It is nearly impossible to explain in short words a forum. And I won’t try to do this here. Best practice would be to have a very close look into color management and color profiles to understand this behaviour. CMYK and RGB don’t have and can’t have a physical-mathematical correlation and it is crucial, in which way you are converting a color into another color. (I tried to explain this in the thead I linked above.) There is a big difference, (a) which color profile your document has, and (b) if you convert an element in this document from CMYK to RGB or (c) if you do this the other way round and what profile your document has. The same is true, if you pick/create a color in a CMYK document using the RGB color ramps/wheels and vice versa.

In my eyes, there is no issue at all regarding color conversion in the Affinity applications. Photoshop works exactly the same way. Just look at this example using a black color in a CMYK document:

By the way: German members of this forum have a simple possibility to learn realy much about color management by having a look into these free books: https://www.cleverprinting.de/downloads/