You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apostrophe problem (3)

You might try the 1.8.0.502 beta build. I don't think it lists a fix for that, but you should probably be up-to-date, anyway :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Are you seeing an actual space character inserted?
Or does it just look like too much white space?

The Times New Roman font does have a wider quoteright character than many other fonts.

Apostrophe-tests-cropped.thumb.png.75861f93d4e0e78624ba99979922b873.png

These were done in APub 1.8.0.502 Beta - Windows.

If what you are describing is what we see above, the issue is the font itself, not APub.

It helps if you continue the discussion within a single topic, rather than creating new ones, @Toche47. You can do that by finding the topic and clicking the "Reply to this topic" rather than "Start new topic".

Keeping to one topic for a single discussion helps maintain context so everyone knows what is being discussed. And it helps the participants see all parts of the discussion.

For reference, your original topic for this most recent apostrophe discussion is here, and your second one is here.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@Toche47 I have merged the three threads you have created into 1 thread, please ensure you're following this thread to receive notifications about replies. You can check your 'Follow' settings at the top right of the thread. Our QA team should reply here shortly - many thanks.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 months later...