You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Picker problems

Please fix this Serif. Even if it is by design it is poor design.

In the Brush Tool if I press Option + Command, the cursor does not change to a color picker or target icon. So there is no feedback letting me know the color picker is active and I cannot determine if I am over the correct pixel unless I shrink my brush. 

Please provide visual feedback when the Option + Command buttons are pressed (even better make it 1 hotkey by default). Otherwise you are just slowing digital artists down, and based on the amount of threads and comments on this, confusing many users.

Thanks for your hard work Serif

• 2 weeks later...

I JUST bought Affinity Photo and Designer on Windows and iPad.  Really looking forward to getting into them.

Something I found on the iPad version of Photo... The brush control dock at the bottom of the screen has a color picker popup window with an eye dropper.  I wanted to use the dropper but it appears I need to drag it out into the image and let go to pick the color.  However, the color picker popup window obscures a large portion of the image where I wanted to sample.  While dragging the dropper circle, I attempted to drag the image out from behind the color picker window to reveal that space and the eye dropper circle got stuck on the image.  It also reappears if I close the current document and load another image.  The only way to fix it is to kill the app and restart it.  I found a bug report about this issue from version 1.7.1 where a mod acknowledged it but apparently it's still not fixed?

Maybe dragging the dropper out from that panel should hide the picker window.  No reason to have it up when the color palette you're picking from is in the image, not the color wheel.

iPad 7 10.2", 32mb; iOS 13.1.1; Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a question related to the colour picker tool in Affinity Photo for iPad (version 1.7.3.155, iPad Pro, 11”, iOS 13.3). Judging from watching the official tutorial videos, the most recent used colours are visible below the colour wheel. In my version the most recently used/picked colours don’t exist. Has this been removed in between the latest versions?

4294E3BC-1630-4985-A550-367014FC18F0.jpeg

66E4D6A4-9609-441D-83B6-347D4E9E7127.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Just for the sake of follow up here, it seems I have misunderstood the function of the recent colour quick view. I thought you could quickly create a palette of colours by sampling them, but you need to apply them in some way on your image before recent colours appear. Not ideal or intuitive to me, but now I know how it works.