Jump to content
Clare_S

Switching between pages

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to switch between page thumbnails without having to double click? I'm used to using Keynote where you just single click on a thumbnail to switch the active page and the double clicking is driving me crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of another way by mouse, but if you mean by keyboard:

default shortcut is Command+PageUp and Command+PageDown, that is, if you happen to have an extended keyboard with numpad.
And you can change all shortcuts in affinitys preferences.

1384768541_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-16um16_29_49.png.a0cbeebb79f07118774f5f095a389cc0.png


  • Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try the pages navigator bottom left 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, haakoo said:

try the pages navigator bottom left 

I hadn't spotted that! But for some reason it only navigates through the Masters not the Pages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woefi said:

I'm not aware of another way by mouse, but if you mean by keyboard:

default shortcut is Command+PageUp and Command+PageDown, that is, if you happen to have an extended keyboard with numpad.
And you can change all shortcuts in affinitys preferences.

1384768541_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-16um16_29_49.png.a0cbeebb79f07118774f5f095a389cc0.png

 

Brilliant! I'll take a keyboard shortcut over a mouse any day... except that it just let's me navigate through the thumbnails - but how on earth do I then get the selected thumbnail to appear in the main edit window?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Clare_S said:

I'll take a keyboard shortcut over a mouse any day... except that it just let's me navigate through the thumbnails - but how on earth do I then get the selected thumbnail to appear in the main edit window?

I think you need to hit the 'Hamburger' menu on the Pages Panel and check Scroll With View.

760156970_ScreenShot2019-11-16at8_58_46AM.png.88f0c9d8c88a15eb3a894b53d1b9c454.png


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Clare_S said:

 

Brilliant! I'll take a keyboard shortcut over a mouse any day... except that it just let's me navigate through the thumbnails - but how on earth do I then get the selected thumbnail to appear in the main edit window?

 

Make sure the keyboard focus is in the workspace, not in the Pages panel.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.523 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Clare_S said:

I hadn't spotted that! But for some reason it only navigates through the Masters not the Pages

There's a toggle button for pages to master pages and vice versa

ToggleButton.jpg.232c14e74ccf402ddcca7e773ffabcce.jpg
 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.