You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta - Layer/Adjustment Layer

When using the latest Affinity Photo Beta (18.0.486) when going to Layers Menu and then Adjustments option often, but not predictably, causes the Layer menu to freeze on the screen and the  only way to get rid of it is to halt the program with the Task Manager and start again with the recovered image. Is this user error or a bug?

Thanks for any help offered.

John Mallaby

• Staff

Hey JFM, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I've tried to reproduce this by going to Layer > New Adjustment Layer and then either mousing over/away from the menu or by selecting each adjustment but I haven't reproduced this once. I must have tried at least twice for each adjustment.

Does pressing Esc on the keyboard clear it?

Hi Chris thanks for quick reply; the only way I can regain control of the program is by the use of the Task Manager and closing the program. I know it's the bain of every tech support persons life when they get a problem presented to them which is does not occur predictably. Next time the problem occurs I will attempt to take a screen shot. Please note It is only in the Beta that this happens, the full release program has never exhibited such behaviour. Perhaps it may be wise to leave the resolution of the problem until I can reproduce it on a regular basis and then repost.

Best wishes, John

Hi JFM, I have tried the same steps as Chris, but cannot reproduce it on 486 Beta. You don't click on any layer at all, just have the mouse pointer over the Adjustment options drop-down menu or away from it?

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.